Thursday, November 25, 2010

First few Days in Montbéliard

This will be very brief and informal for those of you wanting to see pics from Montbéliard.  The last 3 days have been hectic and crazy (in a good way most of the time).  I am staying in a large apartment with several other artists, musicians, chefs, and festival coordinators.    The festival does not start until Saturday, so we have been unpacking, decorating and getting to know each other.  I have also been practicing my extremely bad French on the poor locals, when I get lost. 

Last night the cajun band arrived from Lafayette. They played in the dining room til 3am and it was very, very fun.


Yesterday I was assigned to my chalet, and today I began setting up the interior.
 
Here is a view from my apartment window, and a castle/museum that I pass on the way to the market.


more pictures coming soon

4 comments:

Linda Miremont said...

Thank you so much for all the pictures I am loving it....I had a great Thanksgiving with family and friends here but how I love France...

Unknown said...

Beautiful city! How's the weather?

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you're posting pics and comments. Hope you can take the time to continue that throughout your stay... everything looks lovely, except the weather.

Anonymous said...

How was your first market day?
Tina